19 November 2011

Image of the day: May 10th, 2010

I am going to set myself up for failure here... I am going to post one image a day on my blog and explain what it is and where it is from. Let's hope this actually lasts!


May 10th, 2010 - A historic tornado outbreak takes aim on Southern Kansas and Central Oklahoma. Adam Lucio and I traveled overnight from Chicago to Wichita in hopes to chase North-Central Oklahoma. We targeted the Medford area and was on the first storm of the day that eventually produced the Wakita tornado. This photo above shows the supercell and it's wall cloud near Cherokee, OK. This was the storms first attempt at producing a tornado. The rotation tightened up significantly as it passed directly overhead. The storm was moving NE at 65 mph and we quickly lost it as we tried to navigate roads... 20 minutes later the large Wakita tornado was in progress......

No comments:

Post a Comment