I have adopted the idea of showcasing one chaser a day (maybe every few days depending on my availability) to be a featured subject on my blog. While I am not the biggest named chaser out there, I would like to think at least if people hear my name they associate me with storm chasing. A lot of newer chasers out there just want their work to be seen, so I am going to dedicate a portion of my blog to them and their voice. I am going to come with 10-20 generic questions to ask, then ask them for ONE video, and a couple of their best photos. At the end I will allow a paragraph or two of their words and mission/goals for chasing.
1) What is your name and where do you live?
2) Do you have a website or a brand name that people identify you as?
3) What got you interested in weather?
4) What is your favorite aspect of weather?
5) When did you first start chasing?
6) What do you see chasing as... a hobby or a business?
7) Who do you credit for getting you into chasing and what have they done to further your career?
8) Do you have any chase partners?
9) What was your most successful chase?
10) What was your most terrifying moment?
11) About how many tornadoes have you seen?
12) What do you think about people who chase for sales and the need to get up close and personal with Mother Nature?
13) Describe your dream chase.
14) What is your favorite set up to chase?
15) Which state has brought you the most success? Least success?
16) Do you want to pursue a career in meteorology? Would you ever chase locally for a t.v station?
17) What do you see chasing as being like in 5-10 years?
18) Despite all the deaths and destruction in 2011, are you looking forward to chasing in 2012 knowing you can run into a Tuscaloosa or Joplin?
19) Is there any point in time where you had no desire to chase anymore? What caused that and what gave you the power to move on.
20) How long do you plan on continuing chasing?
21) Outside of chasing, what do you like to do?
22) What kind of music do you like to listen to on the chase or in general?
23) What is your favorite professional and college sports team?
24) Do you have a family or pets?
25) Tell me 3 things that someone outside of chasing may not know you for.
26) If you have kids or plan on having them... would you like to involve them in your chasing?
27) Do you have a job and what do you do?
28) How do you feel about people who say they chase tornadoes for the sole purpose of saving lives?
29) If there was one event in history that you wish you were around for to chase, what would it be?
30) Do you only chase severe weather or do you chase hurricanes and winter weather as well?
31) Do you go to a college or university, if so, what do you major in?
32) What do you expect in 2012?